empowerMINTDoc: seminar and event programme for female STEM students
empowerMINTDoc is a programme for female students of STEM subjects who want to do a doctorate.
At empowerMINTDoc, participants have the opportunity to take part in seminars, peer mentoring and networking events.
They are encouraged to think about their doctorate as a conscious career step and to network with others. The 12-month programme is aimed at female Bachelor students (from the 5th semester) and female Master students in STEM subjects at the University of Bayreuth.
An information meeting will probably take place in November 2022, the call for applications will start in the winter semester 2022/2023 and the programme will begin in February 2023.
After a kick-off workshop, seminars on networking, project management and competence balance will take place during the course of the programme. All seminars are offered by trainers who fundamentally consider gender and diversity as key competences and raise awareness of unconscious bias and the glass ceiling. Furthermore, the participants meet regularly for a peer mentoring. They also have the opportunity to get to know role models and to get impulses for their own career paths through the career biographies of these role models (Talks). In addition, information events on relevant topics – such as financing and scholarships – will take place (Info). Finally, participants are invited to a joint reflection and closing workshop.
After the programme period, the so-called Follow Up-Programme follows: The former participants – the alumnae – have the opportunity to take part in the events Talks and Info as well as in regularly offered network meetings.
Participation in the programme supports a conscious and reflected approach to an academic career. The opportunities for the participants consist of
- acquiring knowledge about the structures and processes in academia
- acquiring career-relevant key qualifications independent of the specification to a discipline
- building up a scholarly and a peer network (cf. Follow Up Programme)
- gain valuable insights into the personal experiences of someone who is professionally advanced and working successfully in academia
empowerMINTDoc is part of the realisation of the measure in StEP 2025 "Expand and sustainably establish support offers for STEM subjects, including creating orientation offers for STEM young female scientists”.
- Participation requirements and applicationHide
Who can participate in the programme?
The applicant ...
- is a female bachelor’s student (from the 5th semester) or master’s student of STEM subjects at the University of Bayreuth.
- is willing to work actively on her professional career.
- regularly participates in the meetings and events of the framework programme.
- takes an active role and shows openness.
- tries to implement feedback constructively.
- shows willingness to cooperate and present herself.
How to apply?
Acceptance into the programme takes place via a two-stage application procedure. In the first part, candidates can send their application documents in German or English consisting of a letter of motivation (max. 1 page DIN A4) and a CV to Dr Elena Köstner (as one PDF document). Please use the language guide for the University of Bayreuth for your application. The second step is a personal interview. The number of places is limited.
What costs do I have to pay?
Participation in the programme is free of charge.
- Your Contact PersonHide
Dr Elena Köstner
Equal Opportunities Department (Gender Equality)
Coordination Coaching & Mentoring
Telefone: +49 (0)921 / 55-2192
Stabsabteilung Chancengleichheit (für die Geschlechter)