Welcome to the Website of the Equal Opportunities Department!
At the University of Bayreuth, equal opportunities stand for quality for everyone. For more than 25 years now, the Women's Representatives support the university's administration in their effort to establish equal opportunities for all genders. During that period, offers and projects were developed which shape our university and promote a culture of gender equality in research, teaching and working at the university.
The University of Bayreuth is a dynamic and research oriented campus university which promotes equal opportunities on all levels and uses the innovative potential of diversity.
It promotes equal opportunities for all genders in research, teaching and studies and increases the number of women in leadership positions. With equal opportunity policies the University of Bayreuth persues the objective to create a gender equal university culture. Gender equality is the strategic responsability of all members at the University of Bayreuth.
- To continously implement and further develop the target agreement
- To promote a gender equal personnel development
- To increase the proportion of women in academia on all academical levels (in areas in which they are underrepresented)
- To integrate gender aspects into research and teaching
- To implement Gender Monitoring in all areas