Bavarian Gender Equality Grant (for Women in Academia)
Scholarship programme for supporting equal opportunities for women in research and teaching
The Bavarian Government provides a special fund for the realisation of equal opportunities for women in research and teaching, from which scholarships at the University of Bayreuth are financed. The main focus of this programme lies on the qualification of women for a professorship. All women in academia who can verify a colse connection to the University of Bayreuth are entitled to apply (such as work or lab place). Applications can be handed in for a
scholarship for postdocs and up (preference):
- Scholarship for PostDocs (after receiving doctoral degree/oral examination)
- Scholarship for those pursuing a Habilitation (mentoship registered)
- Scholarship after finishing one's Habilitaton or equivalent
- Scholarschip to support returning to work after a period of family leave
in special cases scholarships for PhD students:
- Scholarship for PhD students "returning to work after a perod of family leave"
- Scholarship for PhD students "hardship situations"
Application deadline is on 1st of April 2019.
Miriam Bauch, Head of the Equal Opportunity Department