Bavarian Gender Equality Grant (for Women in Academia)
scholarship programme for supporting equal opportunities for women
in research and teaching
All women in academia who can verify a colse connection to the University of Bayreuth are entitled to apply.
scholarship for postdocs and up (preference)
The Bavarian Government provides a special fund for the realisation of equal opportunities for women in research and teaching, from which scholarships at the University of Bayreuth are financed. The main focus of this programme lies on the qualification of women for a professorship.
- Scholarship for PostDocs (after receiving doctoral degree/oral examination)
- Scholarship for those pursuing a Habilitation (mentoship registered)
- Scholarship after finishing one's Habilitaton or equivalent
- Scholarschip to support returning to work after a period of family leave
in special cases scholarships for PhD students:
- Scholarship for PhD students "returning to work after a perod of family leave"
- Scholarship for PhD students "hardship situations" (see below)
Next deadline for applications: 15 January 2021
- Information for applicants
- Application form for the scholarship
- Instructions for the statement
- Guidelines for the final report
- Evaluation sheet for the scholarship (questionnaire)
Scholarship in "hardship situations"
The Equal Opportunities Department offers a scholarship in cases of hardship as part of its call for proposals "Bavarian Gender Equality Grant". This is financed by funds from „Professorinnenprogramm III des Bundes und der Länder“.
The grants may cover a maximum duration of 3 months (no deadline).
Hardship cases include, for example, visa issues, or illness or existential difficulties caused by the corona pandemic.
Applications must be submitted to Equal Opportunities Department. The grant amount will depend on the applicant's qualification phase.
Miriam Bauch, Head of the Equal Opportunity Department